Thursday, March 19, 2009

Process Writing

For the most part, writing reviews came pretty naturally for me, especially movie reviews. I think this was mainly due to writing about something that interests me and being able to integrate a lot of my own personal voice, satire and humor into my pieces. I particularly enjoyed improving my articles each week by finding that mix of context/commentary and reducing the use of second person. At times I found this to be a little frustrating (especially after reading Kael’s work – argh!), because your instinct tells you to address your readers but after a while I became more conscious of this and was able to fix my pieces accordingly. Another thing I found really frustrating was coming up with an idea for my final project. I found it hard to narrow my focus and really clarify my point, and in general, I was really frustrating in writing the article from start to finish and throughout every revision.

Writing in this course really increased my confidence in being able to produce pieces that my readers found enjoyable and humorous. My main goal in this class was to demonstrate my sense of humor and give my opinion on light issues such as movies in a manner that my peers could relate to. I think I was able to do this. Additionally, I think this course taught me to be more concise in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment