Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gran Torino Review Corrections

For starters, I'd go through my review with a fine tooth comb; there were a lot of grammatical/structural errors to my piece that could have been avoided with a better editing job. Secondly, I need to delete a bunch of useless words that distract the reader's attention. I would also work on the lede making it more structurally sound and engaging for the readers.

Additionally, I made the mistake of using first person and addressing the "audience" head on. However, I think I did a fairly good job of balancing plot summary with analysis and getting my opinion of the film across. My "but" comes where I write "but instead [the movie] turns out to be a grueling and sometimes just outright awkward two-hour ordeal". I would probably give my review a B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment